The Open Mobile Alliance (OMA, Open Mobile Alliance) today announced: OMA will participate in the Mobile World Congress 2015 by the GSM Association (GSMA) hosted 2015 July 15 to 17 held in Shanghai – Shanghai (Mobile World Congress-Shanghai , MWC Shanghai), and its five member companies will conduct a live demonstration on the OMA’s W4.A30 booth showcase these wonderful applications are based on the latest OMA standards. OMA will also be at the show site detailing released in April this year to support smart phones and networking equipment seamless interaction of OMA general open-ended API (Generic Open Terminal API, OMA GotAPI). In addition, as the focus on the mobile application layer protocol international standards development organizations, OMA key members of the management team also will take the show to Shanghai, China-related industry bodies, standards organizations, leading ICT vendors and commercial users to meet, on the new generation of wireless communications, intelligent terminals, networking and other aspects of vehicle networking standards and protocols to expand exchanges and communication.
With the wide spread network of intelligent terminals and becoming more diverse, OMA various application layer specification and application programming interface (API) has been widely used among a growing number of devices, including smart devices, automobiles and wearable equipment. At the current MWC booth Shanghai’s OMA, member companies exhibiting five bring the following standards-based OMA wonderful demonstration:
· OMA member companies from Poland AVSystem will showcase its standards-based OMA Device Management (Device Management, OMA DM) and OMA lightweight machine to machine communication standard (Lightweight M2M, OMA LWM2M) and other open protocols unified device management platform, It is a network-oriented maintenance, monitoring and equipment layout of the next generation of systems;
· OMA member Ho of China era (Beijing) Technology Co., Ltd. will showcase mobile phones based on OMA standard PTT (Push-to-talk over Cellular, OMA POC) developed WePPT public cellular mobile communication networks (including EDGE, 3G , etc.) 4G and WiFi PTT and walkie-talkie services;
· OMA members China Redstone sun (Beijing) Technology Co., Ltd. brought the two based on OMA DM standards development presentation, including RSOTA remote device management systems and services, as well as management, including wearable devices and other equipment of health cloud;
· Headquartered in Israel, a global networking company Redbend will bring automotive software management solution that helps OEM and Tier 1 suppliers wirelessly using standard OMA DM, FOTA standards and virtualization to manage all aspects of the vehicle computer and electronic control unit software;
· OMA another member of China TENGER Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd. will bring its TENGER cloud intelligent device management platform exhibition, in addition to supporting smart phones and tablet computers and other equipment, but it can support the wearable device and 3D printers.
“I am delighted to be in the MWC 2015 Shanghai through our member companies to display demo OMA engine. These presentations, and many other devices in this conference can be seen are based on OMA engine and API development.” Chairman of the OMA Board Mr. Gary K. Jones said, “thanks to our members innovative and sincere cooperation in the field of standards, many of our standards such as OMA DM, OMA SUPL and OMA POC etc. worldwide has been widely used. Further We recently introduced standards such as OMA LWM2M and OMA GotAPI also popular networking industry. ”
OMA GotAPI as a perfect framework to support web-based API, such as Android devices to work seamlessly on the device or iPhone and other smart phones. By OMA GotAPI, the application can use web technology and smart phones and external networking equipment to work together. Such as watches, cameras, smart glasses, toys, medical equipment and even cars and so on with the smart phone to connect, OMA GotAPI so these devices can be connected via a standardized way with smart phones or other devices, developers can develop based on OMA GotAPI compatible with a variety of equipment used, as before without struggling to develop a separate system for each. Applications run through the browser can be stably connected to the external device on any operating system that allows developers to create a new ecosystem of devices and applications interoperable composition.
With the release of such OMA LWM2M and OMA GotAPI and other agreements, OMA international standards ecosystem is expanding. These networking applications and equipment standards support has become more diverse, but also to its membership in the global market has brought more opportunities. As in the above in a booth of five OMA OMA member companies, there are three Chinese companies, but also outside the three companies are China’s three major carriers and Huawei, ZTE and other OMA members of software and service providers. These emerging Chinese companies and other members of the Friends of OMA, as the use of OMA developed international standards applicable to the global market products and services.
OMA strengthened cooperation in recent years, with China’s electronic information industry, while members from China, but also for the OMA and promotion of international standards has made tremendous contributions. Current membership in OMA, one third from Asia, 60% of the above come from China, including China’s three major carriers, as well as Huawei, ZTE and Telecommunications Research Institute of the Ministry of Industry and the three companies and the like. 2014, OMA launched a Chinese website to better serve Chinese members and ICT industries, while also continuously participated in the foundation MWC 2014 and China Shanghai exhibition on information and communication equipment in Shanghai China held the world members of the Assembly when the year. Looking to the future, OMA hopes to attract more members in China, in the next generation of mobile communications, intelligent terminals, networking, car networking and within more areas, and global companies together to develop, improve and apply international standards.